The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is preparing for their annual FASB Accounting Standards Updates – which includes changes to the 2017 XBRL taxonomies.
- Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2016
- Time: 1:00 pm EDT
In advance of the webinar, details of the changes can be viewed here. XBRL practitioners are also invited to comment.
Through this session, participants will gain a better understanding of how the changes in the 2017 Taxonomy Release will affect XBRL exhibits. Participants also will gain insight into expected changes as a result of ASUs, topical projects, and new structural components to assist with usability.
The agenda will include:
- Update from the SEC staff
- Proposed changes to the 2017 Taxonomy for new Accounting Standards Updates
- Update on Taxonomy Implementation Guides
- New structural components, including extensible lists and typed dimensions
- Overview of the 2017 Taxonomy Release, including the restructuring of change and deprecation labels.
The webinar is free. CLICK HERE
XBRL quality has been an ongoing challenge, for numerous reasons – least of all regulatory avoidance and “end-user” apathy. That’s quickly and finally changing – and kudos to FASB for always being a champion.
Vintage and our XBRL accountants are champs too!