Being public is the endgame for many emerging companies, but it’s not an easy path. To assist companies, PR Newswire and Vintage Filings brought together industry experts to discuss different paths to becoming a public company, including a reverse merger.
A reverse merger is the acquisition of a public company by a private company, so that the private company can bypass the lengthy and complex Initial Public Offering. Going public through a reverse merger allows a privately held company to become publicly held at a lesser cost, with less stock dilution than through an IPO and is less susceptible to market conditions.
- DATE: December 17th, 2013
- TIME: 3:00 PM ET
- PRE-REGISTER HERE > http://prn.to/1bvDMb1
- Reverse mergers as an exit strategy to gain liquidity.
- Questions to be asked whether a reverse merger is right for their company and how to proceed if it might be something worth pursuing.
- A detailed look at the financial and legal sides of doing a reverse merger and what it means for investors, management and employees.
- Case studies of firms that have had success with doing a reverse mergers and important lessons learned.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of structuring an acquisition as a reverse merger?
- What risks are associated with mergers and what should counsel consider when structuring the acquisition?
- Shareholder Communications and Investor Relations
- Barry Grossman, Partner at Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP
- Adam Stern, Head of Private Equity, Aegis Capital Group LLC
- Robert Berick, Managing Director – Investor Relations, Falls Communications
Host and Moderator:
- Seth Farbman, President, Vintage Filings, a division of PR Newswire
To get the most out of this webinar, a companion whitepaper guide is available and illustrates the “back-and-forth” interactions a traditional IPO will have with the SEC. Download that whitepaper here: http://promotions.prnewswire.com/IPO_SEC_flowchart.html
About Vintage Filings
PR Newswire’s Vintage Filings division is a full-service financial filing and printing firm and a leading partner for all your XBRL filing needs. With more than 4,500 public company clients, Vintage is one of the fastest growing compliance firms nationwide. Vintage partners with its clients to provide the knowledge and service necessary to meet the SEC’s ever-changing filing regulations. Vintage Filings provides high-quality, cost-effective compliance filings and production services, including EDGAR Filings, typesetting, XBRL tagging, section 16 filings, investment management services, drafting sessions, virtual data rooms (VDR) and more.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 59 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content — from rich media to online video to multimedia — and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world’s largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world’s enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Bradley H. Smith
Director of Marketing, IR and Compliance Services
PR Newswire & Vintage Filings
+1 201.947.7157 email@example.com