The IPO and Beyond: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1PM ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — The summer months usually mark a lull in activity for the financial sector, but as more and more companies use this time to prepare for a public launch, the need for information and tips on navigating the path to a successful IPO has become a year-round requirement.
The two-part IPO Boot Camp Webinar Series, hosted by Touro College Graduate School of Business, aims to help companies prepare for an IPO and also move beyond the IPO to envision and understand the unique challenges faced by public companies.
As a printed companion to the webinars, the whitepaper How Your IPO S-1 Filing Flows To & From The SEC is recommended.
You may download it here: http://prn.to/iposecflow
To register for both free webinars: http://prn.to/ipobootcamp
Part Two in the IPO Boot Camp Webinar Series will cover The IPO and Beyond…Experts Provide Insights about Preparing for Life as a Public Company. Bradley H. Smith, Director of Marketing, Investor Relations and Compliance Services at PR Newswire and Vintage Filings, will take part in the panel on Wednesday, August 14th at 1PM ET.
The series as a whole will address the following topics:
- Is your company ready for the glare of the spotlight?
- What are the alternatives to an IPO?
- Assembling a Board of Directors
- Choosing an investment banker and building the IPO team
- Selecting the right exchange for your company
- How does the media – both traditional and social – factor into the equation?
- Acting like a public company in advance of the IPO
- Preparing the S-1 filing
- Producing a winning road show presentation
- How to avoid the pitfalls
- The road show presentation
- Bulletproofing management through rigorous presentation training
- Capitalizing on the IPO event
- Preparing for life as a public company
- Disclosure training
- Develop protocols for handling investor and media inquiries, among others
- Policy development (e.g., sales by insiders, blackout periods, etc.)
- Insuring deep after-market support through an investor targeting program
- Production of materials
- Preparing for the first quarterly conference call
- Use of internal and external investor relations resources
- Working with the media – both traditional and digital
As an industry thought leader, PR Newswire regularly produces original, relevant content aimed at offering public relations, investor relations and marketing professionals advice and strategies necessary to reach their marketing and communications goals.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 59 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content — from rich media to online video to multimedia — and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world’s largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world’s enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
About Vintage Filings
PR Newswire’s Vintage Filings division is a full-service financial filing and printing firm and a leading partner for all your XBRL filing needs. With more than 4,500 public company clients, Vintage is one of the fastest growing compliance firms nationwide. Vintage partners with its clients to provide the knowledge and service necessary to meet the SEC’s ever-changing filing regulations. Vintage Filings provides high-quality, cost-effective compliance filings and production services, including EDGAR Filings, typesetting, XBRL tagging, section 16 filings, investment management services, drafting sessions, virtual data rooms (VDR) and more.