Unless your name is Hal or Seven of Nine, trying to review the XBRL files you receive from your filing provider (coughcoughvintagefilingscoughcough), is a moot exercise. It’s code.
To view your files, follow these steps:
- Your provider should have sent you a .zip file containing the raw XBRL and the instance documents.
- Click on this link: https://datapreview.sec.gov/previewer/ This link will take you to the SEC’s Previewer for XBRL files. You will be able to see an exact rendering of your XBRL files as they will appear once they are filed with the SEC.
- In the left hand column, please enter your company’s 10 digit CIK number.
- Upload the .zip file. After this is done, enter the security code in the box below and click the submit button.
- After you click the submit button, a small box will appear with a confirmation code as well as your company’s CIK. You will need both your CIK and confirmation number to access your rendering.
- After 10-15 minutes, enter your Company’s CIK and the confirmation code in the right hand column. Once you click submit, you will see your XBRL EXACTLY how it will appear when it is filed with the SEC.
Have a great day.